"Lake Wanaka" Lake Wanaka by dragontml
Lake Wanaka Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 31 photos
A little over an hours drive from Queenstown, Wanaka is the gateway to the Mt. Aspiring National Park, internationally renowned for its glaciers and magnificent tramping and climbing. The mountains surrounding the lake provide a winter snow lovers paradise featuring top skifields and heliski facilities and the town itself features a pretty shopping village with a wide variety of ambient areas to relax & eat.
Wanaka, small town set on the edge of beautiful lake Wanaka is a popular holiday destination for New Zealanders and visitors alike. Known in winter for its ski fields and in summer for it's water sports and walks.
Set against a backdrop of the South Island's Southern Alps and with a pristine alpine lake at its doorstep, Wanaka offers time out from the pressures of life. Cardona and Treble Cone Ski areas are about 35 minutes drive from Lake Wanaka. Cardona faces south to catch plenty of cold dry snow and is possibly one of the most enjoyable ski areas in the world. Water based activities include guided fishing trips for brown and rainbow trout, a lake cruise offering unparalleled views of mountains, islands and vineyards or you can go jet boating and experience the beautiful and spectacular scenery of the mighty Clutha River.
- In a nutshell:Lake Wanaka lies in the heart of a world heritage park, Mt Aspiring National Park
dragontml's Related Pages
Lake Wanaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wanaka - New Zealand"
- "Lake Wanaka"
- "A return trip is a must"
- "Its soooo Blue...."
- "LAKE WANAKA SOUTH ISLAND NEW ZEALAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Wanaka
- Hotels in Lake Wanaka
- Transportation in Lake Wanaka
- Restaurants in Lake Wanaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Wanaka
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lake Wanaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Wanaka
Photos in Lake WanakaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 52 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 49 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ko Lanta Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues