"A weekend in Tioman..." Pulau Tioman by dragontml
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,047 photos
Left KL with the morning bus from Puduraya at 9am, the Transnational service went on the highway and exit the highway after a few hours and was taking a road of the beaten track. Finally, made a stop at noon by the roadside and there was a makan stall.
Arrived Mersing just before 3pm. [thinking that we will catch the 3pm boat/ferry]. Got the tickets organised and it was already after 3pm. Made our way to the jetty and had to wait for a bit as the transport organisation was running late. The ferry service to depart was late...
Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...and it was our turn to board the boat, journey takes about an hour and half, the interesting part was that the speed boat managed to catch up with the ferry and off we went.
Arrivied Panuba Bay, tired...
Since, the boat cant stop at Panuba Bay, a boat from Panuba had come to ferry us from ABC. The ride into Panuba Bay was nice, accomodation was on a hill side, small sceduled bay. Found the reception and was quite suprised to find that reception was not open ! [PR skill needed] Managed to check-in and our room was a sea front unit...nice
Went out to Coral Island, the Marine Park and a stop to Renggis island. First exprience for snorkling but it did not go far, was in the water with the lifejacket and the feelings was good, did try to put on the snorkle but I just could not go to the next step...putting your head into the water and be amazed with the underwater surroundings. Even without doing so, fishes was seen swimming and corals too. Floating was a nice feeling...
It was time to say goodbye to Tioman, was booked for the morning ferry, 8am it was a gloomy grey morning. Rain came together with strong wind, waves were riding high and it was time to board. All I can say, it was not a really pleasent experience, the ride was long & bumpy. I sat down, closed my eyes, kept fingers crossed that we will arrive to land safely. We finally arrived to Mersing about 10:30am. ' TQ for bringing us back to land safely '
- In a nutshell:Respect the sea...
To get from village to village, hop on the sea taxis...prices varies and are usually fixed. more travel advice
Alcohol and cigarattes are cheaper compared to the mainland but can be bought at Tekek village. Chocolates are not all... more travel advice
dragontml's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 52 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 49 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ko Lanta Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Pulau Tioman hotel reviews
- Paya Beach Resort
- 237 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Salang Sayang Resort
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Bamboo Hill Chalets
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- JapaMala Resort
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Panuba Inn Resort
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Salang Indah Resort
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Bagus Place Retreat
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Salang Pusaka Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Tioman Paya Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013