"Gateway to Central and Eastern Oregon" Redmond by slabeaume
Redmond Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 11 photos
Redmond is located on the eastern side of Oregon's Cascade Mountain Range, and is the geographical center of Central Oregon. It is within easy access to a many recreational activities. It is located in the High Desert on a flat plateau 3,077 feet above sea level.
Redmond is 15 miles north of Bend, the county seat for Deschutes County; 144 miles from Portland; 129 miles from Salem, the State Capital; and 126 miles from Eugene.
Redmond is considered one of the fastest growing industrial and residential communities in the State of Oregon, with a current population of 14,960 residents
Redmond's climate is considered semi-arid with a mean annual precipitation of only 8.64 inches. So there is plenty of sunshine during the four distinct seasons of the year.
We were here in June and the weather was beautiful---sunny with bright blue skies and temperatures in the 70's.
Although we didn't do much in Redmond, it was a great base for exploring eastern and central Oregon. We spent 2 nights in Redmond, but spent the days out exploring beautiful Oregon.
- Pros:Great base town
This restaurant is located in the lobby of the Inn (hotel) and serves breakfast and lunch all year round and dinner... more travel advice
As if the hotel and condos weren't nice enough, they came up with villas! These are even more spectacular! The master... more travel advice
slabeaume's Related Pages
Redmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Central and Eastern Oregon"
- "THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY TRAIN RIDE"
- "Redmond, a quiet place"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Redmond
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Redmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Redmond
Photos in RedmondSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Louis Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cayman Islands Intro, 38 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 24 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Jersey Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue