"Beaumont, Texas" Beaumont by John_P_LSU
Beaumont Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 109 photos
The Babe Didrikson Zaharias Museum is a small, round building in a park adjacent to I-10 that also serves as the Beaumont Visitors Center. Inside is a vast collection of memorabilia from her athletic career. The highlight, in my opinion, is her gold medals from the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics. This museum is so close to I-10, that even if one were merely passing through Beaumont, I would highly recommend a "leg-stretching stop" there to take a look. Honestly, it would add as little as ten minutes to your trip.
Just north of Beaumont is the Big Thicket National Preserve.
<font size=+1 color=brown>Click here for <b><a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/15a21/#TL" target=newwindow>Big Thicket National Preserve</a></b> Travelogue</font>
John_P_LSU's Related Pages
Beaumont Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Beaumont Page"
- "The Home of Black Gold"
- "Big Thicket"
- "The corner pocket of Texas"
- "jstmetami's new Beaumont Page"
- "Beaumont, Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beaumont
- Hotels in Beaumont
- Transportation in Beaumont
- Nightlife in Beaumont
- Restaurants in Beaumont
- Shopping in Beaumont
- Warnings and Dangers in Beaumont
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beaumont
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Beaumont?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaumont
Top 10 Pages
- Houston Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arkansas Intro, 4 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baton Rouge Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Clear Lake Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Canaveral Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues