"Buffalo National River" Buffalo River National Park by John_P_LSU
Buffalo River National Park Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 84 photos
<font color=gray>As far as I know, there is no Buffalo River State Park in Arkansas, however, note the link to the Arkansas State Park's website [www.arkansasstateparks.com] and see for yourself.
<font color=blue>This page is for the <b>Buffalo National River</b>, which includes the <b>Upper Buffalo Wilderness Area</b>, all part of the U.S. National Park Service. Check out their Buffalo N.R. homepage: www.nps.gov/buff/index.htm</font><br><br>
Hawksbill Crag is one of the most recognized spots in Arkansas. Photos of it have been used in many publications about the state and the Ozark Mountains. It is an awesome rock outcropping that sticks out from a tall bluff located in the Upper Buffalo Wilderness Area.
The hike is ~3 miles roundtrip. To get to the trailhead, travel south on AR-21 and turn right onto County Road 5 (Cave Mountain Road), 1.2 miles past the Hwy 21/43 junction. The parking lot is on the right 0.6 miles past the Cave Mountain Church and cemetery. From the parking lot, the trail begins across the road, goes into the woods and drops down the hill to a small stream. After it crosses the stream again, you will notice that the trail runs along private property which is marked with blue and red blazes - do not cross over. There are many science spots along the way but the most spectacular is Hawksbill Crag itself, one of the most scenic spots in the state.
John_P_LSU's Related Pages
Buffalo River National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "National River Park"
- "Buffalo National River"
- "Wild and Wonderful"
- "Upper Buffalo Wilderness Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buffalo River National Park
- Hotels in Buffalo River National Park
- Shopping in Buffalo River National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Buffalo River National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buffalo River National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Buffalo River National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buffalo River National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Houston Intro, 29 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arkansas Intro, 4 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baton Rouge Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Clear Lake Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Canaveral Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues