"Travelingal's Travels and Wish List of Travels" travelingal's Profile

Travel Views

I love to travel, but current circumstances (i.e. work) afford me the opportunity only once or twice a year. I am a youngster in my fifth decade, so this obstacle will hopefully go away in just a few years. For the time being, I compensate and avoid a major funk by planning a new trip immediately upon my return. In essence, I truly become a virtual tourist for about 49 weeks a year - thank you all for contributing to my travels! Once a destination is decided upon, I become obsessed with reading and learning as much as I can about the location - almost to the point of being sick of it before I even leave. That feeling, however, quickly dissipates once I put my suitcase in the car and head to the airport. Then I start to get depressed - because the trip of my dreams is almost over!! I know - you're thinking I'm nuts - and maybe I am, but I truly LOVE learning about and visiting new places. By the way - I am passionate about all things Italian!

(This is just a start - I'll be working on it as time allows!)

Oh - in case you are wondering about my photo - I'm actually much cuter now -- I'm now a blonde!

• Intro Updated Jul 21, 2007

• Lacristina's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Just left Rome Tuesday. Am in Verona today for the opera. Yes, let's meet in Rome someday for dinner! November is one of my favorite times to go!

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 8:09 PM

ciao :D I'll be happy to talk about my region in the future if you like. have a wonderful weekend! ciaooo chiara

• Jul 7, 2006 at 10:33 PM

Ramble on please. I lived in Naples for 5 yrs and still ramble. Your memory of detail is impressive. :-))

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
travelingal's Profile Photo

travelingal

“Sometimes you have to first gag on fancy before you can appreciate plain.”

Ranked Member