"Passing Through Grand Teton National Park" Grand Teton National Park by leafmcgowan
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 923 photos
Shortly thereafter, exited Yellowstone and entered into the Grand Tetons National Forest. Along the side of the road was a big brown bear walking down the road (see pics) - and I was lucky enough to capture this photo as I was slowly passing him/her - line of cars gawking and going slow by him/her made me a little un-nerved as I passed. But s/he minded his/her own business. Shortly thereafter, saw on several occasions, a Moose walking down the roadside slope. It's funny, kept saying after Old Faithful, that all I need to see now is a moose and a bear and I'd be very content.
<P>The burn damage in the Tetons was still pretty incredible, but slowly you could see the green come back and before long enter fully thick green old woodlands. A beautiful canyon loomed over the drive into the Tetons - another noteworthy point for further exploration someday in the future. A last picture of a Moose as it started getting dark.
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tall Tales from the Grand Tetons"
- "Majestic Mountains and Moose!"
- "These Mountains cannot be ignored!"
- "Grand Teton or Grand Tetons ?"
- "Grand Teton N.P. - the highest of the Rockies"
- "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- "Mountain grandeur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park
- Hotels in Grand Teton National Park
- Transportation in Grand Teton National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Teton National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Teton National Park
- Shopping in Grand Teton National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Teton National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos