"Passing Through Grand Teton National Park" Grand Teton National Park by leafmcgowan

Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 925 photos

Passing through Grand Tetons

Shortly thereafter, exited Yellowstone and entered into the Grand Tetons National Forest. Along the side of the road was a big brown bear walking down the road (see pics) - and I was lucky enough to capture this photo as I was slowly passing him/her - line of cars gawking and going slow by him/her made me a little un-nerved as I passed. But s/he minded his/her own business. Shortly thereafter, saw on several occasions, a Moose walking down the roadside slope. It's funny, kept saying after Old Faithful, that all I need to see now is a moose and a bear and I'd be very content.
<P>The burn damage in the Tetons was still pretty incredible, but slowly you could see the green come back and before long enter fully thick green old woodlands. A beautiful canyon loomed over the drive into the Tetons - another noteworthy point for further exploration someday in the future. A last picture of a Moose as it started getting dark.

• Last visit to Grand Teton National Park: May 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 1, 2005

leafmcgowan

“Where the wind blows me ....”

Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park

Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?

Photos in Grand Teton National Park