Seattle Shopping Tips by leafmcgowan
Seattle Shopping: 144 reviews and 178 photos
Located just behind Merchant's Cafe, down the alley, off of Yesler, this little warehouse shoppe has the finest and most utilitarian kilts on the market. Specially known and crafted in Seattle, these kilts are a must addition to your wardrobe. Started in April of 2000, originally started in order to fund a global arts project, involving seven double-deck busses that would travel the world, the company took lift and went on its own providing the world with the best kilts known to mankind. Check them out! Rating: 5 stars out of 5. Visited 12/27/2006.
Theme: Men's Clothes
The best Pagan and occult shop in the region, Edge of the Circle trys to appease the earthy and true Occult paths while steering away from the New Age and fluffy-bunny witchcraft types. Owner and Manager - Robert - a spitting image of Harry Potter grown up; and the charming and all-knowing Raven who does an incredible reading ... this place has everything you need for spellcrafting and ritual. From Santeria to Satanism, from Ceremonial Magic to Faeries, from Witchcraft to Druidism. Great books, great art, great supplies. A must visit for any magical practitioner. Rating: 5 stars out of 5.
Address: 701 East Pike st, Seattle, WA 98102
One of the best Gothic, Fetish, Alternative clothing shops in North America - Seattle's alternative Capital Hill cherishes this storefront landmark. If you are out for club fashion, this is the place to go. Affordable and great selections. Good sales and specials quite often. Rating: 5 stars out of 5.
What to buy: Goth and Fetish. Costume.
What to pay: Varies.
Address: 231 Broadway E, Seattle, WA 98102
Phone: (206) 726-7978
Theme: Women's Clothes
A nice niche grocery store in the heart of Georgetown ... the best place for cheap and delicious sushi. Rolls as cheap as $1. Full assortment of Japanese grocery items and supplies for sushi making. Love it. Its a traditional pop-in for me at every visit to Seattle. I'm addicted similar to my addiction to Trader Joes. Rated 5 stars out of 5.
What to buy: Sushi!!!
What to pay: More affordable than average ...
Address: 1024 S. Bailey St.
Directions: Down in Georgetown by I-5
Theme: Food and Drink
Upper Queen Anne Hill, Seattle (#135)
Trader Joes is my most favorite grocery store, though this location is not one of its better stores in the selection and space venue. Still, good enough for the fix I needed today. Trader Joes is a "Unique Grocery Store" with a unique selection of goods, groceries, and food stuffs from all over at very low prices. Originally a small outlet in California, it has quickly grown in popularity from coast-to-coast. When I live in a city where there is a Trader Joes, that's the only place I shop. Rated: (storewide: 5 stars out of 5, this store: 4 out of 5)
What to buy: I of course grabbed some of my favorites for the camping venture this weekend: Vanilla soy milk, Chai, panang curry thai tuna, cashew butter, blackberry jelly, homemade wheat bread, macadamian carmel popcorn, the famous $2.95/bottle wines, and other munchies.
What to pay: more affordable than usual grocery stores
Address: 112 Galer Street, Seattle, WA 98119
Directions: Between 1st Avenue W. and 2nd Avenue W.
Phone: (206) 378-5536
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (43)
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 48 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 45 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 45 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Fremont District- 14 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Boeing Factory- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Aquarium- 26 Reviews, 35 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do