"A pioneer scramble into the elements - Weatherford" Weatherford by leafmcgowan
Weatherford Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
In 1892 a group of settlers arrived at the western border of Cheyenne and Arapaho Indian county of the Oklahoma Territory to stake their claims on the third Oklahoma land run. As they dashed for their wagons and buggies on April 19th, some ran as fast as they could to whatever area looked best, and that is how Weatherford was born. An area that was unpredictable in weather and the new Oklahomans had to learn new methods of dry land farming and learn to live with tornadoes and thunderstorms.
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Weatherford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "hockalocker's new Weatherford Page"
- "A pioneer scramble into the elements - Weatherford"
- "Weatherford OK"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weatherford
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Weatherford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weatherford
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
Latest Weatherford hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express-Ste Weatherfor
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013