"Tucumcari, New Mexico" Tucumcari by leafmcgowan
Tucumcari Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 45 photos
"Tucumcari Mountain has long been a landmark for travelers along the Canadian River. Pedro Vial mentioned it in 1793, while opening a trail between Santa Fe and St. Louis. In order to find the best route from Arkansas to California, Capt. Randolph B. Marcy led an expedition past here in 1849." Tucumcari - "This area was troubled by both Comanches and Comancheros, New Mexicans who traded illegally with the Indians, until the military campaigns of 1874. With the coming of the railroad in 1898, the small communities of Liberty , 8 miles to the north, moved here to form the nucleus of Tucumcari, which was incorporated in 1908." (- Historical marker outside of Tucumcari).
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Tucumcari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tucumcari~Route 66"
- "Tucumcari - our stop from Texas to the west."
- "Town in the Remote Outback"
- "Tucumcari, New Mexico"
- "Tucumcari Tonite Home of 2000 motel rooms"
- "Basaic Tucumcari Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tucumcari
- Hotels in Tucumcari
- Restaurants in Tucumcari
- Shopping in Tucumcari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tucumcari
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Tucumcari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tucumcari
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos