Santa Fe Hotel Tips by leafmcgowan

Santa Fe Hotels: 23,550 reviews and 81 photos

Hyde State Park - Santa Fe

Hyde State Park

Hyde Memorial State Park Campground: Hyde Memorial State Park

Entering into beautiful Hyde Memorial State Park as it was dark - these photos were taken the next morning and how breathtaking the scenery, serenity (except for some motorcycles that were camping near me), gave me a overlook view of Santa Fe. Apparently has a great picnic area (which I didn't have time to visit), but the campground had quite a few spaces - though up a tedious gravel road with some drainage gullies I nearly fell into that night trying to find a camping spot. NOT recommended to arrive at this site at night. Hyde Park is located in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and is lush with evergreens, aspen, pines, and shrubs. It's listed to be very populated with deer, raccoon, fox, coyote (which I did hear at night), squirrels, porcupines, butterflies, and birds. Winter time offers lots of sports from cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, and sledding. "This park is named after Benjamin Talbot Hyde, devoted educator of America's youth. His family donated the 350 acres which constitute the park to the State of New Mexico in 1934. Situated at an elevation of 8,500 feet in the scenic Sangre de Cristo mountains, it is one of the oldest state parks in New Mexico. Facilities include a picnic area, campground, skating pond, and sledding area" (New Mexico Scenic Historic Marker)

Unique Qualities: It's a good campground ... given a 3 1/2 on a scale of 5 rating. I slept good. It was quiet at night (with an occasional coyote howl) and very dark. I fell fast asleep leaving my rainfly off so I could gaze up at the amazing stars. It was very cold, down in the 40's ... for a summer camping evening.

Address: 740 Hyde Park Road

Comparison: about average

Other Contact: rgpadilla@state.nm.us

Phone: (505) 983-7175

Price: less than US$20

Theme: Campground

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Holiday Inn Express SANTA FE(3470 CERRILLOS), NM: One of Santa Fe's newest Hotels Holiday Inn Express Review

Decided I needed a luxurious stay and have a night of relaxation in Santa Fe, New Mexico before heading off to Taos to collect Faerie Crosses (Staurolite) so I thought I'd give one of Santa Fe's newest hotels a try. A well taken care of hotel with 76 guest rooms and suites, deluxe breakfast with eggs, waffles, french toast, yogurt, muffins, cinnamon buns, cereal, fruit; free high-speed wireless internet (signal wasn't very strong during my visit, kept getting knocked off), refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, business center, and outdoor heated pool (closed during my stay). I thoroughly enjoyed my stay (except the internet reliability) 4 1/2 stars out of 5. Visited 11/8/05.

Address: 3470 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87507

Comparison: less expensive than average

Phone: 505-474-7570

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.hiexpress.com/santafe/

• Written Nov 9, 2005

leafmcgowan Visits Here Frequently!

leafmcgowan

“Where the wind blows me ....”

Badges & Stats in Santa Fe

Have you been to Santa Fe?

Visiting Santa Fe?
Read real reviews about Santa Fe Hotels!

Top 3 Santa Fe Things to Do