"Roswell, New Mexico - a.k.a. Crash town, Alientown" Roswell by leafmcgowan
Roswell Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 169 photos
Roswell is a average New Mexico desert town mid-central portion of the state, boasting a population of 45,293 at the elevation of 3,573'. First occupied by Spanish Explorers during the 16th century, the area attracted travellers from the discovery of the area's springs, now called "Bottomless Lakes State Park" - serving as an oasis in the scorching plains and desert. 1870's, Roswell became an established crossroads and quickly thrived by the early 1900's as a source for agriculture, crops, and cattle thanks to the plentiful sources of water. Most well known for the source of the science and technology of Dr. Robert Goddard who conducted rocketry experiments in the area and his inventions launched Rocket science into the stars (1930-1941). Then in 1947, a UFO crashed just north of town and supposed legendary wreckage and a body was found, erupting the town into a UFO/Alien research center of the southwest by the 1990's.
A local hip cyber-cafe and restaurant in the heart of downtown Roswell, just a block down from the International UFO... more travel advice
A chain copy of most Holiday Inn Express's across the country - located in central Roswell, New Mexico where tourists... more travel advice
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Roswell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around Roswell! The Aliens Have Landed!"
- "The truth is out there"
- "Out of This World Town?"
- "Aliens came for a reason."
- "Roswell, NM--My Home Town"
- "Roswell, New Mexico - a.k.a. Crash town, Alientown"
- "Roswell New Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roswell
- Hotels in Roswell
- Nightlife in Roswell
- Restaurants in Roswell
- Shopping in Roswell
- Warnings and Dangers in Roswell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roswell
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Roswell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roswell
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos