"Clovis, New Mexico" Clovis by leafmcgowan
Clovis Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 20 photos
Population 31,194 ... Elevation 4,260
"During the 1700's and early 1800's, Comanche Indian Buffalo hunters used trails that passed near here. In 1907 the Santa Fe Railroad established Clovis to serve as the eastern terminal of the Belen Cutoff, which would connect with the transcontinental line at Belen. Formerly the domain of ranchers, the railroad opened the area to farmers." ~ (roadside memorial marker at I40 rest area)
It is also home to archaeological remains of lithic points that led to great understanding of the Clovis and Folsom peoples.
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Clovis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stockyards and Cannon AFB (for now)"
- "clovis. legendary music. and cows."
- "Clovis, New Mexico"
- "Clovis and an old Buddy"
- "Basaic Clovis Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clovis
- Hotels in Clovis
- Nightlife in Clovis
- Restaurants in Clovis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clovis
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Clovis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clovis
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos