"Historic Natchez, on the Mississippi River" Natchez by leafmcgowan
Natchez Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 372 photos
One of the oldest and most historic cities in the Deep South - is the beginning point of the cherished and loved Natchez Trace Scenic Parkway. This beautiful, scenic, and historic town gives the tourists a glimpse of what life was like when Cotton was King. Natchez has over 500 structures dating to the era before the Civil War. The start to visiting this town is best done at the Visitor Reception Center on Canal Street. One can get a glimpse of African-American history by visiting the William Johnson House and the exhibition at Forks of the Road where one of the South's largest slave markets was located. The downtown district hosts numerous exquisite shops ranging from antiques to delicious restaurants. Natchez has a curious walking tour that begins at the Mississippi River.
- Pros:beautiful, small, historic town with lots of southern culture
- Cons:haven't discovered that yet ...
- In a nutshell:A quaint historic Mississippi town with lots of historic sites
One of Mississippi's most fantastic secrets, hidden away in the swamps out in the middle of nowhere, are the ghostly... more travel advice
A religious structure once stood atop the Temple Mound and housed bones of previous chiefs (called Suns). A sacred... more travel advice
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Natchez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "natchez mississippi"
- "Natchez: Antebellum Jewel on the Mississippi"
- "The Antebellum Charm of Natchez, Mississippi"
- "Natchez, once the town of the rich"
- "Natchez, Mississippi"
- "Keeweechic's Natchez"
- "Historic Natchez, on the Mississippi River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Natchez
- Hotels in Natchez
- Transportation in Natchez
- Nightlife in Natchez
- Restaurants in Natchez
- Shopping in Natchez
- Warnings and Dangers in Natchez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Natchez
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Natchez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natchez
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos