"Biscayne National Park - Convoy Point" Biscayne National Park by leafmcgowan
Biscayne National Park Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 132 photos
"Biscayne has the simple beauty of a child's drawing. Clear blue water. Bright yellow sun. Big sky. Dark green woodlands. Herea and there a boat, a bird. Its a subtropical place where the mainland mangrove shoreline, a warm shallow bay, small islands or keys, and living coral reefs intermingle. Together they make up a vast, almost pristine wilderness and recreation area along the southeast edge of the Florida peninsula. The park, located 21 miles east of Everglades National Park, was established as a national monument in 1968. In 1980 it was enlarged to 173,000 acres and designated as a national park to protect a rare combination of terrestrial and undersea life, to preserve a scenic subtropical setting, and to provide an outstanding spot for recreation and relaxation." ~ Biscayne National Park brochure
- Pros:Tranquil, Beautiful, Free, and Informative
- Cons:remote, mosquitos, early hours for snorkeling
- In a nutshell:A great time on the reef!
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Biscayne National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Biscayne National Park Page"
- "Sanctuary of Biscayne Bay"
- "Under the sea"
- "Biscayne National Park - Convoy Point"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Biscayne National Park
- Hotels in Biscayne National Park
- Transportation in Biscayne National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Biscayne National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Biscayne National Park
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Biscayne National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Biscayne National Park
- Wrote a Review Snorkeling on Biscayne Reefs in Biscayne National Park Sports & Outdoors
- created a Biscayne National Park Travel Page "Biscayne National Park - Convoy Point"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Biscayne National Park - Convoy Point"
- Posted in Travel Frankfurt am Main Forum "Goth/80's/Industrial Clubs or..."
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos