"Denver, Colorado" Denver by leafmcgowan
Denver Travel Guide: 1,022 reviews and 1,794 photos
As with the rest of the West, rumors of Gold brought settlers this way ... gold in Cherry Creek in 1858 and the region was known as the new El Dorado and this area was a let-down, as prosperity in Auraria and Denver City was about speculation and over-priced goods, not gold. Denver found a withering population until gold was struck in Clear Creek and wealth fertilized the city, giving birth to Denver; and in 1861 became the capital of the new Colorado Territory. Surviving floods, fires, poverty, wealth, silver and gold booms, bankruptcy, and corruption; Denver became a cosmopolitan city of glass and steel towers blending Victorian houses with contemporary structures. Today it stands as a center for the fine arts and culture. Sakura Square is a center for Japanese culture; Denver Museum of Fine Art; Greek Amphitheater; Pioneer Monument; Veteran's Memorial; and the University of Colorado welcome visitors. Hosting the largest Airport in the region, Denver is a stop-off for travellers and winter sport enthusiasts as a hub for the ski- resorts. Population: 554,636
A large fancy Lebanese and Middle Eastern restaurant just south of downtown Denver. The food is delicious and good... more travel advice
Dropping into this little restaurant that was style after the Tokyo Joe's and other unique grills, was a bowl of... more travel advice
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Denver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Queen City of the Plains"
- "Denver: The Mile High City"
- "A Path to the West Over one Big Mountain Range"
- "Denver, Colorado --- The Mile High City"
- "Urbane Mecca of the Rocky Mountains"
- "Denver, Colorado"
- "Denver the beautiful (or at least friendly)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denver
- Hotels in Denver
- Transportation in Denver
- Nightlife in Denver
- Restaurants in Denver
- Shopping in Denver
- Warnings and Dangers in Denver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denver
- 47 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Denver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denver
Photos in DenverSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos