"Settle, England" Settle by leafmcgowan
Settle Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 15 photos
Settle is a small yet thriving market town located along the southern edge of the Yorkshire Dales, in North Yorkshire (originally known as the West Riding of Yorkshire) in Ribblesdale. Settle is most popular for its railway station at the southern end of the scenic Settle to Carlisle Railway. There are several caves in the area where prehistoric remains have been found such as "Victoria Cave" (1838) which contains the remains of bear, mammoth, reindeer, and hippopotamus, stones, flint, bone, and other artifacts. Settle is supposedly twinned with two other towns in the world: Banyuls sur Mer in France and South Park, in Colorado. The town has a population of approximately 2,420.
"The tall limestone of Castlebergh has been recognized as a beauty spot for centuries, ever since travellers started... more travel advice
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Settle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dales railway junction"
- "Settle, England"
- "A great little town"
- "Settle ing down !"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Settle
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Settle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Settle
Photos in SettleSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos