"Clifden" Clifden by leafmcgowan
Clifden Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 173 photos
The largest town in Connemara, Clifden is a thriving area in County Galway. It boasts a population of about 1,900. Because it is the largest town in the region, its often nicknamed "The Capital of Connemara". It is located on the Owenglen River where it flows into Clifden Bay. John D'Arcy founded the town in the 19th century. He lived in Clifden Castle. Clifden is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tuam and has two churches : St. Joseph's (Roman Catholic) and Christ Church (Church of Ireland).
"Mainistir na Coille Móire" is one of Connemara's famous attractions, the Kylemore Abbey with its Victorian Walled... more travel advice
leafmcgowan's Related Pages
Clifden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clifden - The Unofficial Capital of the Connemara"
- "Clifden, the best Irish music I heard"
- "THE EDGE AND SKY"
- "Great Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clifden
- Hotels in Clifden
- Transportation in Clifden
- Restaurants in Clifden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clifden
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Clifden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clifden
Photos in ClifdenSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Springs Intro, 56 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos
- Seattle Intro, 48 reviews, 40 photos
- Dublin Intro, 22 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- Penzance Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos