"Pangnirtung (Panniqtuuq)" Pangnirtung by maykal
Pangnirtung Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 14 photos
During five weeks trekking in Auyuittuq National Park on revolting rehydrated food rations, we'd built up this picture in our minds of arriving at Pangnirtung, a cosmopolitan city full of pizza parlors, hot showers and chocolate. Arriving by boat, there was a sense of excitement, knowing that a well-earned chocolate bar was just minutes away, but stepping onto the jetty, we were met by members of our group who had taken the early boat that morning (see the Auyuittuq travelogue to find out why that happened...a bitter moment indeed!) and immediately things went rather flat...the major shopping experience in the north, the supermarket Northern, had closed half an hour earlier! Imagine our disappointment...made all the worse because of the knowledge that the others had already gorged themselves on the luxury goods on offer, and hadn't saved us anything.
After that initial low point, Pangnirtung began to grow on me. OK, it is not the wildest town the world has ever seen, but coming from the wilderness like we had, it came damn close! Pangnirtung was a far more likeable place than Iqaluit had been, and many of our group felt that our time would have been better spent here rather than there...but never mind, we still had a few days to explore Baffin Island's second-largest settlement.
I will create a page here one day, but for now, you'll just have to take a look at the travelogue below for pictures and stories.
maykal's Related Pages
Pangnirtung Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pangnirtung
- 0 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Pangnirtung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pangnirtung
Photos in PangnirtungSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Turkey Intro, 37 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Faroe Islands Intro, 25 reviews, 123 photos
- Algiers Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos