"maykal's new Piran Page" Piran by maykal
Piran Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,200 photos
Piran...cobbled streets, narrow alleyways, shuttered houses, red roofs, tiny fishing boats, waterside cafes...I'd imagine it would be heaving in summer, but a visit in April is great if you want to avoid crowds. I was expecting Piran to be a bit too twee, too touristy, and maybe it would have been if it had fallen on the other side of the border in Italy. As it is, Piran is a very lived-in town just round the corner from big brash Portoroz, and probably one of the most picturesque places in the region.
The waterfront looks as if it could be busy during high season, but it is easy to escape the throngs of tourists by... more travel advice
Tartinijev trg is the heart of Piran, named after the town's most famous resident, the violinist Giuseppe Tartini. At... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Piran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slovenia with a touch of Venice"
- "One of the most livable places in Europe."
- "PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast"
- "Piran - Slovenia's coastal jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piran
- Hotels in Piran
- Transportation in Piran
- Nightlife in Piran
- Restaurants in Piran
- Shopping in Piran
- Warnings and Dangers in Piran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piran
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Piran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piran
Photos in PiranSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos