"Isla Formentera...Benvinguts!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera by maykal

Isla de Formentera Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 270 photos

Formentera was the last "hot" holiday with my family. After the two successful holidays on La Gomera (I chose the destination that time...I was only 11!), it was down to me again to choose the summer 1993 holiday...my suggestions of Gambia and the Caribbean went down like a tonne of bricks, but Formentera seemed to get a better reaction. We settled on two weeks at the Hostal Cala Saona.

I am a fan of islands, particularly small and remote ones...while Formentera is certainly not remote, it wasn't exactly on everyone's lips, and it definitely qualified as small. Reached by boat from its bigger brasher neighbour, Ibiza, Formentera is a paradise for beach lovers and lazy cyclists...and, much to my Mum's surprise and my dad's delight, nudists!

It was very much a beach holiday, but we did hire mopeds and a car to tour the island, and found that there is a lot more to Formentera than first meets the eye.

• Pros:Great beaches, quiet and laid-back
  • Cons:Not much to see, too quiet for some
  • Last visit to Isla de Formentera: Jul 1993
  • Intro Written Nov 1, 2003

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM

what a lovely place for a (nude) bike ride

• Aug 10, 2007 at 10:47 PM

Transport is required if staying at Carla Saona it is a great hotel and the bay is superb but Formentera holds so much more and you need a car , moto or bicycle to discover the true island

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 8:55 PM

Hi Michael, I have just seen a film located in Isla de Formentera and the place is so beautiful I decided to look for some information about it... and here I am. Thanks for helping me to enjoy a little bit more of this paradise.

• Pangea's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2004 at 12:35 PM

Really great page!!! Could you believe that living all my life here I've never been there! Hope to visit one of those days!!

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2003 at 2:37 PM

Surely Spain is in top of my agenda for next year after Easter. Good work.

maykal

“Motto? Motto?! What do I want a motto for?”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Formentera

Have you been to Isla de Formentera?

Latest Activity in Isla de Formentera