"Gafsa" Gafsa by maykal
Gafsa Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 23 photos
Hmmm...Gafsa. How can I try and make this town sound appealing?
Well, it's not bad. There's nothing particularly wrong with it. Just it's a bit unexciting.
What remains of the old medina is falling apart, save from a picturesque square of old buildings with Roman pools still functioning as hot springs for the local kids to splash around in. And that's it.
I'll try and find something else to say later...a few anecdotes, maybe a diary enry or so....but in the mean time, here is my best photo from Gafsa. Says it all really!
The two Roman pools are really the only things worth seeing in Gafsa. They're not particularly hard to find...just head... more travel advice
Away from the pools, Gafsa's medina is slowly crumbling away. It isn't particularly large, but it makes a good place for... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Gafsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Southern Tunisia"
- "A stop in Gafsa"
- "Loads of fresh fruit"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gafsa
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Gafsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gafsa
Photos in GafsaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos