"Omdurman" Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman by maykal
Omdurman Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 145 photos
Across the White Nile from Khartoum lies the more traditional and historic Omdurman. Originally founded by the Mahdi and his troops as a suitable location from where to attack to British in Khartoum, Omdurman is now a sizeable city in its own right. While Khartoum is fairly modern (well...in comparison!), Omdurman is where you'll find fascinating souqs, historic houses and traditional boat-builders on the banks of the Nile. But don't be fooled into thinking it is a tranquil backwater stuck in a time-warp...no, Omdurman is every bit as busy as Khartoum, if not more so, and has the same problems with overcrowding, pollution, traffic, etc... Still, it is far more appealing than Khartoum, and you will probably want to spend more time on this side of the Nile.
Omdurman isn't exactly a hip and happening place at night, although there are a few things you can do at night. If you... more travel advice
Omdurman used to be a walled city, but nowadays there is precious little evidence of it. All you will see is the main... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Omdurman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Omdurman - the real capital"
- "the native Capital"
- "Traditional town"
- "Miscellaneous Omdurman"
- "Welcome to Omdurman"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Omdurman
- Transportation in Omdurman
- Nightlife in Omdurman
- Restaurants in Omdurman
- Shopping in Omdurman
- Warnings and Dangers in Omdurman
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Omdurman
- 13 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Omdurman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Omdurman
Photos in OmdurmanSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos