"Amasra'ya hos geldiniz!" Amasra by maykal
Amasra Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 255 photos
Amasra in 2013 was quite a different experience. It was less about sunbathing and swimming, and more about catching up with friends and trying to stay warm! If Amasra is fairly quiet in summer, it is almost dead in winter...at least according to my friends who were longing to return to İstanbul, but coming from a small Scottish town where the cafes close at 6pm in summer and winter, it was still a novelty to find somewhere in Amasra serving tea at 1 in the morning. We did our fair share of exploring too, and with the focus away from the beach, I saw more of the actual town than I remember seeing in 2001. It is still as pretty as before, but a fair bit of development on the hillsides hints that Amasra was discovered some time ago...still it remains a small town place where everyone knows each other.
'Turkey is well-known for its beach resorts along the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, but how many visitors to Turkey know that there is a third coast, almost undiscovered by tourists? Although I haven't been to every place on the Black Sea Coast, Amasra did seem to be the prettiest place...a small village or red-roofed houses on a rocky promontary, backed by green hills. In summer it is fairly busy, mostly with holidaying Turks, which I think helps Amasra keep its character...no English breakfasts or German hot-dog stands here! The town's beaches are OK...nothing spectacular, and the water is surprisingly chilly...but nearby are some great uncrowded beaches with waves and white sand. All in all, Amasra is a place I could easily spend a long time...'
More to come...
Although Amasra is a resort town, the beaches aren't that great...and all the guidebooks say they are polluted. Whether... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Amasra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amasra: Turkey's Amalfi"
- "Amasra - Atmospheric Black Sea Resort Town"
- "Very little green-blue town"
- "SLEEPING PRINCESS "AMASRA""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amasra
- Hotels in Amasra
- Transportation in Amasra
- Nightlife in Amasra
- Restaurants in Amasra
- Shopping in Amasra
- Warnings and Dangers in Amasra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amasra
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Amasra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amasra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Turkey Intro, 35 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos