"maykal's new Erzurum Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Erzurum by maykal

Erzurum Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 112 photos

For me, Erzurum was probably the most "Eastern" of the cities I visited during my most recent trip to Turkey. Then, it reminded me a bit of Damascus in Syria, although looking back now, I can't think why. Yes there were plenty of Islamic monuments, and many conservative veiled women, but Damascus certainly didn't have as many sheep wandering along the highways as Erzurum did. The old city of Erzurum is now mostly new, but there is still much to see in the city centre, and I enjoyed my stay here a lot. I'm still thinking Damascus, though...can't pinpoint it, just that "feel"...!
For now, just a photo, as I will write up this page once my university dissertation is done and dusted...

PS What do people think of Black and White photos on VT pages? I have the same photo in colour on <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.133814/188/?s=Q">my Turkey page</a>...should I change it? Let me know please!

• Last visit to Erzurum: Aug 2001
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2005

• selim45's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2005 at 7:08 AM

Wonderful job... Wonderful page, thank you..

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2004 at 12:57 AM

Great stories to read and lovely photos!

• joks's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2003 at 3:09 AM

I prefer colour, mainly because I think it brings out the feeling of the place. I have seen your yemen pages and I think the colour pictures still looked better.

maykal

“...”

Badges & Stats in Erzurum

Have you been to Erzurum?

Latest Activity in Erzurum