"maykal's new Erzurum Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Erzurum by maykal
Erzurum Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 112 photos
For me, Erzurum was probably the most "Eastern" of the cities I visited during my most recent trip to Turkey. Then, it reminded me a bit of Damascus in Syria, although looking back now, I can't think why. Yes there were plenty of Islamic monuments, and many conservative veiled women, but Damascus certainly didn't have as many sheep wandering along the highways as Erzurum did. The old city of Erzurum is now mostly new, but there is still much to see in the city centre, and I enjoyed my stay here a lot. I'm still thinking Damascus, though...can't pinpoint it, just that "feel"...!
For now, just a photo, as I will write up this page once my university dissertation is done and dusted...
PS What do people think of Black and White photos on VT pages? I have the same photo in colour on <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.133814/188/?s=Q">my Turkey page</a>...should I change it? Let me know please!
Restaurants in Erzurum are mostly segregated affairs...in other words, there is a room for men, and a family room out of... more travel advice
The Cifte Minareli medrese (Twin Minaret school) is one of the more noticeable buildings in Erzurum. Originally a... more travel advice
- Having spent most of my time...
- One day, I decided to visit...
- I took the bus from Trabzon,...
maykal's Related Pages
Erzurum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "maykal's new Erzurum Page"
- "An historical city at 2000 mt above sea level"
- "Erzurum - a two days journey"
- "Erzurum - Arz -er- rum - ' The land of Rome'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Erzurum
- Hotels in Erzurum
- Transportation in Erzurum
- Restaurants in Erzurum
- Warnings and Dangers in Erzurum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Erzurum
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Erzurum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Erzurum
Photos in ErzurumSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Turkey Intro, 37 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algiers Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos