"maykal's new Sanli Urfa Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Sanliurfa by maykal
Sanliurfa Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 144 photos
Sanli Urfa was the first town I visited in Turkey. It was also the only town that i was planning to visit, during a short unexpected holiday from my language school in Syria, until my "itinerary" was hijacked by a mad female Turk, who decided that we would try and cram 8 cities into 7 days...tiring, but I don't think it would have been the same without her...she was a good travelling companion and an expert translator, if a little kamikaze at times (trying to climb Nemrut Dagi in the snow was verging on the ridiculous!).
I'd love to return to this city, as I didn't really take much of it in, just having suffered a nightmare overnight journey from Damascus...I'd like to see it without having to yawn continuously, and I'm sure it would be doubly more interesting now that I've studied some Turkish!
My God, this page needs an update...I have so much more to say about this city, and more pictures...The travelogue about Harran has moved to its new home, hidden away on my Harran Page.
For more info about my trips to Turkey, click <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.133814/188/?s=Q">HERE!</a>
<img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotempbig/global/stations/17270.gif" height=40 width=467></a>
- Pros:Lots of things to see, nice old town
- Cons:Freezing in winter!
- In a nutshell:Holy fish ponds, shrines in caves, hilltop castles, a warren of cobbled alleys...
Harran, the oldest settlement in the world (well, maybe), lies between Sanli Urfa and the Syrian border. There are ruins... more travel advice
We didn't come via an easy route! Having left Damascus (Syria) at 4pm, we arrived at the little used border crossing... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Sanliurfa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanliurfa - 'Glorious Urfa'"
- "maykal's new Sanli Urfa Page"
- "biblical and holy city....with a touch of orient"
- "yoshimi's new Sanli Urfa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sanliurfa
- Hotels in Sanliurfa
- Transportation in Sanliurfa
- Nightlife in Sanliurfa
- Restaurants in Sanliurfa
- Warnings and Dangers in Sanliurfa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sanliurfa
- 8 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Sanliurfa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sanliurfa
Photos in SanliurfaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos