"Deir ez-Zor" Dayr az Zawr by maykal
Dayr az Zawr Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 100 photos
Deir ez-Zor and the banks of the Euphrates River was probably my favourite region in all of Syria. It isn't full of magnificent tourist attractions, but that measn it isn't full of tourists either...just genuine towns, remote ruined castles, ancient cities surrounded by desert, friendly and colourful local people. It is often neglected by visitors who speed through the country's highlights in a week, but if you have enough time and want to get to know the undiscovered side of Syria, then jump on a bus to Deir ez-Zor...7 hours from Damascus, 4 from Palmyra and Aleppo.
I have finally sorted out the travelogue below...and until I can work out how to chop up travelogues and put bits on different pages, this is where you'll find out about the deep blue waters of Al-Assad lake, the new town of Ath-Thawra, the mud brick walls of Ar-Raqqa, swimming by a ruined city at Halebiyyah, tracking down friends and visiting offbeat archaological sites around Mayadin, and the ancient cities of Dura Europos and Mari...everything is in the travelogue below ;@P
maykal's Related Pages
Dayr az Zawr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHERE THE AL-JAZIRAH BEGIN"
- "A travell to the east"
- "The Euphrates (Nahr Al-Furat)"
- "Dayr az Zawr"
- "Dayr az Zawr, Dura Europos"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dayr az Zawr
- 0 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Dayr az Zawr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dayr az Zawr
Photos in Dayr az ZawrSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos