"Kassab" Kassab by maykal
Kassab Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 20 photos
Kassab is an odd place. Tucked away in the hills north of Latakia, Kassab obviously used to be quite a picturesque mountain village but has now blown out into a sprawling resort for Syrians escaping the summer heat. Many of the inhabitants are armenians or Turks, so more often than not, you will not hear Arabic spoken on the streets. When I first arrived, I was treated with a bit of suspicion...I felt as if everyone was staring right at me, which is nothing strange in the Middle East but here it unnerved me to some extent.
However, Syrian/Turkish/Armenian hospitality is alive and well in Kassab, as I found out trying to find somewhere to stay...a hotel owner took pity on me and invited me to stay with his family instead of overcharging me for a room in his rather swish hotel! Later, I ran into the local police and immediately thought the worst...but all they wanted was to invite me to tea and a game of backgammon down at the station!
Minibuses to Kassab from Latakia take roughly an hour and cost very little...on the way into Kassab, you pas a border... more travel advice
There are several hotels in kassab, but they seem to only open during the high summer...in May, most places were... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Kassab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "up and down and round and round"
- "kassab the final destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kassab
- Hotels in Kassab
- Transportation in Kassab
- Restaurants in Kassab
- Shopping in Kassab
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kassab
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Kassab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kassab
Photos in KassabSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prizren Intro, 20 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos