"Tartus" Tartus by maykal
Tartus Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 37 photos
OK, I'll be honest...I quite liked Tartus. It wasn't because of the sewage being visibly pumped into the sea by the beach in front of my hotel, nor was it because of the hundreds of attractions in the town (although the old town is admittedly pleasant to walk around). maybe it is just that I like the sea. Tartus is not the place to go for a relaxing beach holiday, but for a couple of days hanging out on the coast, Tartus fits the bill...away from the town and its somewhat dingy beaches, you can take a boat trip to nearby Arwad Island, bus it to the fishing towns of Jableh and Baniyas, or set off into the hills for mountain villages and Crusader castles.
One day I'll create a page dedicated to Tartus, but for now, have a look at the travelogue below which tells tales of my travels along all of Syria's coastline.
maykal's Related Pages
Tartus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Second coastal city after Lattakia"
- "Tartus and the Coast"
- "Close to Tartus"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tartus
- 0 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Tartus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tartus
Photos in TartusSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Turkey Intro, 33 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algiers Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos