"Zaxo" Zakho by maykal
Zakho Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 14 photos
Zaxo is just over the border from Turkey, and feels very much a border town, with trucks queuing to get in and out, moneychangers on every corner, hotels full of Turkish businessmen, and kebab stand after kebab stand. It does have one big attraction though...the Pira Delal, an old stone bridge over a picturesque stretch of river...and the green mountains around the town also improve the atmosphere.
On the way to the bridge, you'll see a huge Kurdish flag on a traffic roundabout. These are a big feature of Kurdistan,... more travel advice
Right in the centre of town on the main street, the friendly Hotel Jamal was probably the best hotel I stayed in during... more travel advice
maykal's Related Pages
Zakho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iraqi town near the border with Turkey"
- "Operation Safe Haven"
- "I HAVE NICE BUSINESS FRIENDS THERE TOO"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zakho
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Zakho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zakho
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 33 reviews, 147 photos
- Turkey Intro, 33 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Algiers Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos
- Marseille Intro, 22 reviews, 97 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigo Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
- Kassala Intro, 53 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arbil Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Morocco Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos