"Letchworth Garden City" Letchworth by JUNLI
Letchworth Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 83 photos
This is where I'm living now!
<font color=blue>Letchworth</font>, the first garden city in the world, was founded by Ebenezer Howard in 1903. After nearly 100 years went through, the town prepares to celebrate its centenary in 2003.
Letchworth played an important role in the development of modern urban planning theory and practice throughout the 20th century. The principles applied when planning Letchworth were an experiment to try and overcome the problems of overcrowded , unhealthy cities, depressed rural areas and the poor building standards prevailing in some areas by the end of the Victorian era. Those principles have had an influence on British and International planners for almost 100 years.
My home now. :-)
JUNLI's Related Pages
Letchworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The first 'garden city'."
- "Letchworth - World's First Garden City"
- "The first Garden City"
- "Letchworth Garden City"
- "Letchworth "The Worlds First Garden City""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Letchworth
- Hotels in Letchworth
- Transportation in Letchworth
- Nightlife in Letchworth
- Restaurants in Letchworth
- Shopping in Letchworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Letchworth
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Letchworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Letchworth
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Berlin Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos