"Mongolia" Mongolia by archan4698
Mongolia Travel Guide: 1,167 reviews and 3,878 photos
Mongolia is now open for tourists, well since about 1990 it has been, but more and more they are encouraging tourists, and backpackers to visit.
The winter is very harsh, -30 is the usual, -50 or -60 happens as well.
Most of mongolian life is centered on the land still, from their customs, economy, to beliefs.
Most of Mongolia is semi flat steppe, more like rolling low hills, with larger hills and mountains in the West(Bayan Oglii) and hills in the north in Bulgan, Selenge,etc.
Mongolians are in general very very friendly and curious about foreign visitors. The further you get from the city, the more stares and "hello's" you will get from childern.
- Pros:Few Visitors! On the Trans-siberan railway, Expansive nature as far as the eyes can see.
- Cons:communication is difficult
- In a nutshell:An Adventure, Still a Nomadic Culture, unique
Its possible to horseback ride around Mongolia as much or as little as you wish. Many Tours offer horseback trips as... more travel advice
Darkhan is Mongolia's second largest city. Many travelers may stay here while visiting nearby temples or coming back... more travel advice
- See All Ger Knowledge, country living
- Mongolian goods
- See All meeting mongolians
- "ger camps"
- UB guesthouse
- Mongolian nightclubs
archan4698's Related Pages
Mongolia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saagar's Mongolia info"
- "Mongolia - Land of Genghis Khan"
- "Mongolia, land of the blue sky"
- "Jostling and Jolting Through Mongolia"
- "Mongolia : Simply & Unmaterialistic World"
- "MONGOLIA * MONGOLIE * MONGOLIA"
- "Some Mongolian pictures, more to come"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mongolia
- Hotels in Mongolia
- Transportation in Mongolia
- Nightlife in Mongolia
- Restaurants in Mongolia
- Shopping in Mongolia
- Warnings and Dangers in Mongolia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mongolia
- 19 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mongolia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mongolia
Top 5 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 24 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mongolia Intro, 19 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 21 reviews, 6 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue