"A City with More Temples than Population" Kathmandu by illa
Kathmandu Travel Guide: 943 reviews and 2,348 photos
I like how "Kath-man-du" sounds in my mouth when I pronounce it...
Up on Swayambhunath Temple (Monkey Temple), you can have an overlook of the whole city, like the eagle in the air.
- Pros:A City with Diversity of religions, Costumes and tourists
- Cons:Riding bicycle to Bhaktapur is a bad experience if you have a wrong bike
A pilgrimage for most Hindus, the Pashupatinath temple holds a special significance in Nepal. Lying on the banks of the... more travel advice
In the noises of Thamel area, you'd find Coutyard Hotel very quiet, thanks to it's location and a big yard in the front.... more travel advice
illa's Related Pages
Kathmandu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kathmandu The Ancient City - Dream Destination."
- "Kathmandu (Kantipur) - a royal capital.....still"
- "Mountain Air & Himalayan Culture"
- "Kathmandu, revisited"
- "Kathamandu:A cultural heritage city"
- "The himalayan country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kathmandu
- Hotels in Kathmandu
- Transportation in Kathmandu
- Nightlife in Kathmandu
- Restaurants in Kathmandu
- Shopping in Kathmandu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kathmandu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kathmandu
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kathmandu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kathmandu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montana Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Inle Lake Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Paro Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trinidad Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhaktapur Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thimphu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Cuba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues