"Paro, the Second Largest City in Bhutan" Paro by illa
Paro Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 71 photos
Paro is a very important city, and it has richer history compared to the new capital Thimphu.
You'll likely arrive by Druk-Air at Paro, the only airport in Bhutan.
You'd be overwhelmed by the Bhutanese tranquility right there at the airport.
Driving from Paro to Thimphu, you'll arrive at a pass that offers you a panoramic view of the airport.
It's the traditional, the official, the commercial building. Similar style for shop and for residence.
- In a nutshell:A One Street Yet the 2nd Largest City in Bhutan
The name Taktsang means ? Tiger?s Nest ?. The monastery is perched on a rocky ledge with a sheer drop of nearly 800m,... more travel advice
Known as a ruined fortress, this Dzong, with a delightful village nestling at its foot, was built in 1646 by Shabdrung... more travel advice
illa's Related Pages
Paro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paro, the Second Largest City in Bhutan"
- "Paro: The gate of Bhutan"
- "Paro: Gateway to Bhutan"
- "Paro - The Quiet Hamlet"
- "Shangri-La (Bhutan)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paro
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Paro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montana Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Inle Lake Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Paro Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trinidad Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhaktapur Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thimphu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Cuba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues