"A Quite Rural But Booming Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Thimphu by illa
Thimphu Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 169 photos
Thimphu became the capital city of Bhutan in 1961. It is also the biggest city in Bhutan. Well, it looks still very small in our eyes, however, while being there in May, 2004, constructions are everywhere. This city in being developed very fast.
The population of the city is estimated to be about 40,000.
Not every guide would think of bringing you up there, but you have to ask for it. It's a very impressing place to see... more travel advice
Its name is Changlimithang Stadium. It is the site of the national archery ground, a large football stadium cum parade... more travel advice
illa's Related Pages
Thimphu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Quite Rural But Booming Capital"
- "Capital city of Bhutan"
- "A Small Capital in a Mountain Land"
- "Thimpu - Bhutan's Capital City"
- "01-Thimpu – The Dragon Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thimphu
- Hotels in Thimphu
- Nightlife in Thimphu
- Restaurants in Thimphu
- Shopping in Thimphu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thimphu
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Thimphu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thimphu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montana Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Inle Lake Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Rangoon Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Paro Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trinidad Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhaktapur Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thimphu Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Cuba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues