"Glastonbury Festival" Glastonbury by jolou
Glastonbury Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 424 photos
I've been going to the Glastonbury Festival on and off since 1997. It's changed a fair bit during that time, mainly due to the erection of the big fence in 2002 that has stopped a lot of people entering without tickets.
That has taken away some of the "traveller" vibe from the festival, however from my point of view it has added to a feeling of safety. We spent most of the 2000 festival worrying (justifiably) about stuff getting nicked from our tents. It now feels much safer and there's a clear feeling of people being there because they desperately want to be rather than on the off-chance.
For photos of the year of the mud (97) and 2000, see travelogue.....
Ticket buying for glastonbury is now a nightmare. Last year (2004) I spent all night and the following day trying to get through on the phone or on the net, eventually with success. if you are planning to go, make sure that your whole day is clear when the tickets go on sale and be prepared for the ordeal!
If you like in the UK or if you are going to be there at the end of June, go to the festival. Put aside any doubts about whether you will enjoy it and seriously, the toilet situation there will be insignificant in comparison to how amazing the festival is! In recent years I've been there with friends who are really not people who'd consider themselves outdoor or festival types and they can't wait to go back.
I'm reluctant to share my hot camping tip but I will do. If you want to be near the main stage and near to decent... more travel advice
Make sure you spend some time in the theatre field during the day. This pen of human gorillas were there in 2004 and I... more travel advice
jolou's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 17 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phu Quoc Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Can Tho Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos