Can Tho Things to Do Tips by jolou
Can Tho Things to Do: 62 reviews and 71 photos
This was included in the tour instead of the stork farm, due to the bird flu risk. Hundreds of crocodiles are residing here although I'm assuming they are not there to meet a happy ending :o(
The women rowing the boats are amazingly strong & fit and quite entertaining as well! Once you get over the initial wobbly fear of capsizing, they will take you on an interesting trip to the Cham village where the kids will be keenly waiting to show you around (and obviously sell you stuff!!)
I'm not sure exactly where this was taken- somewhere around Can Tho I think. Theres a great array of old vehicles on the roads as well as the cyclos and many motorbikes.
The markets are fascinating to browse around. I generally had no idea what the produce was on sale but did manage to sample some unusual fruits.
This pair lived at one of the lunch stops during the trip. Not a very useful tip I know but felt I had to include the photo!
This dusty contraption is the rice mill which is visited during the tour. Our british health & safety regulations seemed a world away as the chuntering machine churns out bagfuls of rice!
Sitting on a rowing boat along the river you can almost imagine that you are set back in time. Passing by the little huts and occasional people bathing in the water is a great way to feel that you really are in Vietnam!
One stop of on the tour is to see someone making incense sticks by the road side - it's amazing to think that they are all hand-made -watching the girl rolling away at top speed almost made me feel grateful for my own job!!
You can hop on the back of a motorbike for a few thousand dong and they'll take you up to the top of the mountain to admire the view. If you choose to walk down, be prepared for a bit of leg ache the next day. plenty of people selling refreshments though on the steep return stair climb!
Being in the midst of the floating market was one of the best parts of the tour. Ensure that you buy some fresh fruit as you pass through; we had an amazing pineapple freshly cut up in front of us.
jolou's Related Pages
Can Tho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mekong Delta Monkey Blues & the Special Room"
- "The Gate To the MEKONG DELTA"
- "Hello! Welcome to Can Tho"
- "Can Tho and Mekong Delta"
- "Mekong Delta"
- "The Mekong Delta - Can Tho"
- "Can Tho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Can Tho
- Hotels in Can Tho
- Transportation in Can Tho
- Restaurants in Can Tho
- Shopping in Can Tho
- Warnings and Dangers in Can Tho
- See All...
Explore the World
- Isla Cozumel
- Nazareth Hotels
- Walnut Creek
- Strahan Hotels
- Akasia Hotels
- Judetul Suceava
- Sharonbrook Hotels
Badges & Stats in Can Tho
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Can Tho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Can Tho
- updated a Can Tho Travel Page "Mekong Delta tour with the Sinh Cafe"
- Posted in Travel Ho Chi Minh City Forum "RE: Beach Club - Phu Quoc"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mekong Delta tour with the Sinh Cafe"
- Wrote a Review Can Tho stay in Can Tho Hotels
- Commented on one of chrisvandenbroucke's Can Tho travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phu Quoc Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Can Tho Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
Latest Can Tho hotel reviews
- Hau Giang Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Ninh Kieu Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Saigon CanTho Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Victoria Can Tho Hotel
- 288 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Kimtho Hotel
- 183 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Huy Hoang Hotel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013