"A week on Phu Quoc Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Phu Quoc by jolou
Phu Quoc Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 297 photos
Phu Quoc Island is definitely the place to go to for complete peace and relaxation. We spent a week there following spending time in Saigon and the Mekong Delta Region (see Can Tho tips).
In some ways Phu Quoc was what I had expected and in other ways it wasn't. I knew that the island was quite undeveloped but it was so much quieter than I had imagined.
The contrast from other parts of Vietnam is quite extreme so be prepared to spend your first day there thinking "where is everyone else?" and "what am I going to do here?!". Once you get used to it though you will wonder how you were ever able to cope with a busy town or bustling city!
Send your postcards before you arrive here as there aren't any on sale! In fact buy anything you think you will need as the shopping is not great - see my packing list for more details.
- Pros:Beaches, sunshine, good food, relaxation, cows on the beach.
- Cons:Stinging creatures in the sea, maybe too quiet at times?!
Prior to going to Phu Quoc I was a bit worried about places being full etc so took up a quote from a tour company for... more travel advice
We didn't actually stay here but we met some people who did and spent a bit of time there one day. The resort is the... more travel advice
jolou's Related Pages
Phu Quoc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE Bit of Sand with that BEACH please!!!"
- "A week on Phu Quoc Island"
- "Phu Quoc"
- "Vietnam's top spot for beaching yourself!"
- "Phu Quoc island."
- "A peaceful place to relax"
- "Phu Quoc - go as soon as you can"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phu Quoc
- Hotels in Phu Quoc
- Transportation in Phu Quoc
- Nightlife in Phu Quoc
- Restaurants in Phu Quoc
- Shopping in Phu Quoc
- Warnings and Dangers in Phu Quoc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phu Quoc
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Phu Quoc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phu Quoc
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phu Quoc Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Can Tho Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos