"A couple of days in wet Samui" Ko Samui by jolou

Ko Samui Travel Guide: 1,132 reviews and 2,491 photos

Never ever again will I believe a friend of a friend's opinion over that of the official weather forecast. Ko Samui looked as though it had potential to be lovely - not in november though as we learnt the hard way!

Email sent home from Samui:

Oh my god it is chucking it down with rain and has been all day (before that very cloudy). We are now sheltering from the rain in an internet cafe planning our next move (cancelled a boat trip over to stay at the island Ko Tao today due to conditions!!). Next plan might be to fly back to Bangkok early and maybe go to Cambodia's coast if we can get a cheap flight. Anyway, we'll see. Will be having words when I get back with those people who told me that Thailand's rainy season ends at the end of October!!!

Otherwise all has been good- staying in some nice bungalows, very warm despite the cloud / rain and lovely food and people (apart from insane cab drivers in Bangkok who we diced with death with!)

• Pros:I'm sure it would be lovely at the right time of year!
  • Cons:RAIN RAIN RAIN - next time I will believe the weather advice in the guidebooks and ignore that of my friends!!
  • In a nutshell:Wet feet, wet everything :o/ (lovely food though!)
  • Last visit to Ko Samui: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 30, 2005

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 10:54 PM

RAIN RAIN RAIN, hmmm luckily I avoid that when I was in island. Sure a good nice page of Samui.

jolou

“Better to regret what you've done than to regret what you haven't.”

Badges & Stats in Ko Samui

Have you been to Ko Samui?

Latest Activity in Ko Samui