"One of the Must Go in China" Yunnan Sheng by gigi_huang
Yunnan Sheng Travel Guide: 2,049 reviews and 5,873 photos
Yun Nan Province lies in the southwest of China. The old must see is Kunming and XiShuangBanNa, well known by its tower and its local customs respectively.
Now the new must sees include Lijiang, a place to relax and reflect; Lugu Lake, known by its landscape and its unique civilization; Zhongdian Shangrila, the wonderful landscape and Tibettan customs.
If you travel inland towards Tibet, the landscape is getting more and more beautiful, and of course it's a challenge physically and mentally, since most of the places inland are above 3000 meters above the sealevel and requires several days' by bus.
My Yunnan trip covered Zhongdian Shangrila, Lijiang, Tiger leaping gorge, Lugu Lake and passed by Kunming just for its noodles. It took 2 weeks and it's fantastic.
- Pros:Marvellous landscape and interesting local customs
- Cons:high sea level, long transportation hours and tiring
- In a nutshell:Despite of all the difficulties of travelling there, it's still a must go in China.
gigi_huang's Related Pages
Yunnan Sheng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains and Minorities"
- "Yunnan - South of the Clouds"
- "Southest Yunnan - Off the tourist trail"
- "The Colourful Province"
- "paradise found in Dali"
- "The Shangri-La in my heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yunnan Sheng
- Hotels in Yunnan Sheng
- Transportation in Yunnan Sheng
- Nightlife in Yunnan Sheng
- Restaurants in Yunnan Sheng
- Shopping in Yunnan Sheng
- Warnings and Dangers in Yunnan Sheng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yunnan Sheng
- 13 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Yunnan Sheng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yunnan Sheng
Top 10 Pages
- Lijiang Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Taiyuan Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montpellier Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Lyon Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue