"La Hulpe" La Hulpe by cadzand
La Hulpe Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 50 photos
A neighbour to Waterloo and another true suburb of Brussels is La Hulpe, a picturesque little town, of 7000 inhabitants bordering on the For?t de Soignes, which has managed to retain a pleasant rural air.
In the tiny adjoining hamlet of Gaillemarde the back roads are full of small well kept rural houses and barns with flowers.
Nearby, the Solvay Ch?teau stands gloriously out on a hill in the heart of a magnificent 220 ha park of vast lawns, great spruces, azaleas and rhododendrons, a genuine botanical garden which is open all year round.
The Ch?teau itself, used for receptions and exhibitions, is named for the last private owners the Solvay family of industrialists who presented the estate to the Government.
Several films have been made in this lovely decor so as Le Ma?tre de Musique from G?rard Corbiau with the famous baryton Jos? Van Dam.
The building of the rural Saint Nicholas church has been ordered by Henry Duke of Brabant in the XII th century. Ist has... more travel advice
cadzand's Related Pages
La Hulpe Travel Guide
- Things to Do in La Hulpe
- Transportation in La Hulpe
- Restaurants in La Hulpe
- Shopping in La Hulpe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Hulpe
- 11 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to La Hulpe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Hulpe
Photos in La HulpeSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 54 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 40 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Overijse Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Senegal Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos