"Medinine and the market" Medenine by cadzand
Medenine Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
Medinine is a small town SE of the Djerba isle and Zarzis. From Djerba you reach it driving along the Roman route, which is the south junction between Djerba and the continent and crossing the numerous well kept olive yards.
In the city center you'll find this very special monument representing the Berber womens' costume.
Dates are gathered starting from november and during 4 to 5 months. The best Tunisian dates are Deglet Nour. Mmmmm a real delicacy !
Everything is sold on the sundays colourful market : grains, beans, vegetables, spices, handmade baskets, dishes and plates, glasses, clothes, djellabas, shoes, etc. etc.
- In a nutshell:great to have a look around
On sundays go to the local colourful market in Medinine. Buy some oranges, dates or carots. more travel advice
More impressive are the extremely well kept bigger ghorfas in and around the town. They are still in use and some of... more travel advice
cadzand's Related Pages
Medenine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Médenine, a stage on your journey"
- "Medinine and the market"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Medenine
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Medenine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medenine
Photos in MedenineSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 54 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 40 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Overijse Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Senegal Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues