"The greatest seaside oasis" Gabes by cadzand
Gabes Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 25 photos
Gabes is divided by worlds' only seaside oasis.
The oasis is based upon 150 sources, spread around the place, giving 650 litres of water each second.
Baskets are a local product of Gabes, clearly reflected in the many variations for sale in the market area in the modern town. Gabes is also well known for its henna, the colour paste used by mainly women to create temporary tatoos.
Can't get enough of it ? Henna for temporary body decoration is mixed up with water and is used as a paste. It is also... more travel advice
A great idea before doing all your shopping : first buy a local basket to carry on all your gifts. The only problem... more travel advice
cadzand's Related Pages
Gabes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The greatest seaside oasis"
- "An Oasis in the Desert"
- "An ancient oasis in decline"
- "U-N-D-E-R _______ C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gabes
- Hotels in Gabes
- Transportation in Gabes
- Restaurants in Gabes
- Shopping in Gabes
- Warnings and Dangers in Gabes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gabes
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Gabes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gabes
Photos in GabesSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 54 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 40 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Overijse Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Senegal Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues