"Winter and summer fun in Morzine" Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine by cadzand

Morzine Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 146 photos

January 2003
Snow and cold temperatures are not exactly my piece of cake and normally at this time of the year I try to escape grey skys and drizzle. It didn't really work now, so Morzine, here I am..... but I don't regret.
In the heart of the Portes du Soleil (Gateway to the Sun) with 650 km alpine ski loops and 250 km cross-country tracks, Morzine invites to escape from the daily stress.
It's a charming village with a preserved architecture, surrounded by georgeous mountains and landscapes in which one slows down and takes the time to appreciate the beautiful scenery. To share those magic moments with family and friends is a great pleasure. I loved wandering in these preserved landscapes and reconcilied with low temperatures, tons of snow and even grey skys......

June 2003
At the time of my winter experience in Morzine last january, I thought it should be fun to compare winter and summer landscapes and make up my mind to which season goes my preference. So I decided to go back in june this time. And guess what is the result ? As I love sun, flowers and hiking....yes ! it's definitively summer.

That's why you'll find a mix of winter and summer pics and tips in this page.

Some useful links :

phone 0450 791 157
fax 0 450 747 318
e-mail reservation@morzine-avoriaz.com
***************************************

• Pros:Morzine has conserved his chalet style
  • Cons:Sometimes lack of snow (at 1.000 m level) in winter
  • In a nutshell:For all winter sports lovers and summer hiking fans
  • Last visit to Morzine: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 14, 2006

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 3:27 AM

Gorgeous, yet another tempting destination.

• Nov 7, 2006 at 3:25 AM

We brought in 2006 having a delightful meal at La Chamade, the food was excellent, as was the service and atmosphere. A memorable occassion and we will be doing the same again this year. Cannot rate it highly enough....

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 7:27 AM

A wonderful and very complete page you made here! It is nice, to see a place at different times in the year.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 1:07 PM

great tips!

• londonbabe's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Thanks for your nice restaurant tips. We're off to Morzine at Easter - can't wait!

• RACCOON1's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 3:29 PM

Nice presentation. I had a week of skiing in Morzine/Avoriaz many years ago. The week before we were in Tignes. The night we arrived in Avoriaz it snowed all night and for the next two days. Then the sun came out . Nice place to powder ski.

• JosM's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2003 at 3:33 PM

Great page. I've be there end of august and I kept your suggestions in mind (although not all) and my wife and I had a great holliday!

• firechick's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 5:25 PM

Great Morzine page - very good tips on sports activities! I love this area too.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2003 at 12:35 PM

Wow, how exotic! Great photos and tips!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2003 at 5:48 AM

Gini winter paradise! AMAZING pictures, snow, sun, skiing/snowboarding and hot wine or "la grolla" (I never tasted it hehe) - then you can see many foxes hehe - real paradise! Great winter updates now :-)))

cadzand

“somewhere over the rainbow....”

Badges & Stats in Morzine

Have you been to Morzine?