"Cochin (Kochi) the beating hart of Kerala" Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi by cadzand
Kochi Travel Guide: 442 reviews and 1,058 photos
Approximately 300 km, many hair pin bends and a very scenic road through the Nilgiri mountains separates Ooty from Cochin (Kochi). Via Conoor, Mettuppalalyam, Coimbatore, Palakkad and Thrissur, we enter the State of Kerala, known as "Gods' own country", and arrive at Cochin.
Cochin set on a cluster of islands and peninsulas, is a blend of medieval Portugal, Holland and an English country village.
Popularly referred to as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, Cochin is located on the west coast of India in the beautiful state of Kerala.
The city can be regarded as the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala. With its year-round shipping facilities, it is the busiest port south of Bombay, lying on the direct route to Australia and the Far East from Europe and serving the vast southern hinterland of industrial areas and plantations.
Cochin will be our base for a trip through the Backwaters before leaving for Thekkady with its Periyar Lake and the Mudumalaï Wildlife Sanctuary.
In Abraham's Spice Garden vanilla, black pepper, cocoa beans, cardamon, cinnamon, ginger and so many more, grow... more travel advice
Between the hevea plantations and the visit to Abraham's Spice Garden in Kumuli, we bumped on this beautiful church, on... more travel advice
cadzand's Related Pages
Kochi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back to Cochin, Soon enough..."
- "Colourful Cochin (Kochi)"
- "Cochin (Kochi) the beating hart of Kerala"
- "Paradise Found in God's Own Country"
- "Cochin: A Fusion of Cultures"
- "Cochin the Spice City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kochi
- Hotels in Kochi
- Transportation in Kochi
- Nightlife in Kochi
- Restaurants in Kochi
- Shopping in Kochi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kochi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kochi
- 19 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kochi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kochi
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 54 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 40 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Overijse Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Senegal Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues