"Ooty - Udagamandalam" Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam by cadzand
Udagamandalam Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 562 photos
We leave Mysore and its awesome Palace behind, en route for Udagamandalam (Ooty), the capital of Nilgiri district, which is popularly known as the "Queen of hill stations" among the tourist circuits. It is situated at a distance of 105 kilometres from Coimbatore.
The height of the hills in the Nilgiri range varies between 2280 and 2290 metres, the highest peak being Doddabetta at a height of 2623 metres.
Although the weather gods weren't with us during our stay here, Ooty is a beauty.
From here we continue our trip to the State of Kerala, also known as "Gods' own country" for a stop at Cochin (Kochi) approximately 300 km farther, via Conoor, Mettuppalalyam, Coimbatore, Palakkad and Thrissur.
The nearest airport is at Coimbatore (100-km). Ooty on the narrow gauge railway is connected via Coonoor to... more travel advice
At the busstation (see picture of the tea pick workers) they sell a wonderful tasting liquid honey made with love by... more travel advice
cadzand's Related Pages
Udagamandalam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tribal Village Near Ooty"
- "My unfinished trip to OOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTYYYYYY"
- "OT at Ooty"
- "Ooty - Udagamandalam"
- "A Hill Station in the Nilgiri Mountains"
- "Queen of hill stations"
- "Ooty- The Queens grown old"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udagamandalam
- Hotels in Udagamandalam
- Transportation in Udagamandalam
- Restaurants in Udagamandalam
- Shopping in Udagamandalam
- Warnings and Dangers in Udagamandalam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Udagamandalam
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Udagamandalam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udagamandalam
Photos in UdagamandalamSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 54 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 13 reviews, 85 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 40 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Overijse Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Senegal Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues