"Ooty - Udagamandalam" Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam by cadzand

Udagamandalam Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 562 photos

We leave Mysore and its awesome Palace behind, en route for Udagamandalam (Ooty), the capital of Nilgiri district, which is popularly known as the "Queen of hill stations" among the tourist circuits. It is situated at a distance of 105 kilometres from Coimbatore.

The height of the hills in the Nilgiri range varies between 2280 and 2290 metres, the highest peak being Doddabetta at a height of 2623 metres.

Although the weather gods weren't with us during our stay here, Ooty is a beauty.

From here we continue our trip to the State of Kerala, also known as "Gods' own country" for a stop at Cochin (Kochi) approximately 300 km farther, via Conoor, Mettuppalalyam, Coimbatore, Palakkad and Thrissur.

• Last visit to Udagamandalam: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2005

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2006 at 7:24 AM

Wow, Ooty is really a nice place! One of my colleague was there recently and she liked it.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2005 at 3:18 AM

I would love to do the Conoor rail trip, very interesting about the Toda people too. Your discription if the tea plantations & hair pin bends reminded me of Sri Lanka. Excellent page, you have some lovely photos.(~_~)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 2:34 PM

Great page, but where are the breathtaking scenery images?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 1:25 AM

Great page! Haha, fantastic trip you gad and awesome pics you took. Great to see English timetables there. Toda tribe village looks very exotic. Sunrise? Difficult for me, what about sunsets?

• myriam_c's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 1:21 PM

Your India trip reminds me very much of my Sri Lanka trip.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 12:09 PM

An excellent page about a part of your trip through India, Gini.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 12:06 PM

Ha!! That reminds me of the park I visited near Mumbai. Signs everywhere to warn of the "dangerous crocodiles" exhibit... finally we reached there to see a sleepy croc behind a cyclone fence. Uh, yeahhhh?

cadzand

“somewhere over the rainbow....”

Badges & Stats in Udagamandalam

Have you been to Udagamandalam?

Latest Activity in Udagamandalam