"Down-to-earth Lifestyle in Modernized Cities" cherrykirsch's Profile
Away from Virtualtourist.com for ages. Look back. Suddenly realized it has been almost 10 years from the first time I lived alone in a western city!
Started my new life in Toronto from October 2006. First three months quite leisure by being taken good care. Then suddenly being dumped and had to be independent and coped with all changes in new environment. Days were like in hurricane...
Lonely days give me a great opportunity to understand and feel my new settlement town. Like 10 years ago, I choose to have a simple life (imagine the life of backpacker or overseas student). But this time is a little bit different from the experience in Switzerland, as Toronto is almost the 2nd Hong Kong that Chinese language and restaurants are popular here.
Summer is coming. Hope I can make use of this lovely season and take more pictures and write some tips for backpackers in VT.
Last update: 18 March 2008
Before 1999, I hadn't been to any places outdide China. I was shy and coward. Luckily, I was chosen to be an exchange student to Switzerland for 11 weeks in summer 1999. Switzerland is the most wonderful country in the world, I should say. I was so excited about it...
I've grown up a lot after the trip. I met a lot of friends there. The most important is that, I become to love travelling!!! So I went Switzerland again in Apr 2001.
It's amazing that the members of virtualtourist.com can travel to so many places. It's almost impossible for Hong Kong people, because we don't have so many holidays :(
My next station will be England, or China, I haven't decide yet. The western part of China will be under great development. I recommend you, and me, to go there to have a look before it has changed a lot. One day I read a magazine talking about Auschwitz Museum (concentration camp), Poland. It's very impressing. I think it can give me some insights about life.
Hope the information in my home page helps you. And I'll add as much information & pics as possible.
Sorry for Long Time No Updates!
I'm extremely sorry for idling the pages so long. I'm too busy at work in June and July, as well as at preparing Oracle8i DBA exams. I have all the materials at hand, but I simply don't have time to organize them and publish them to the web. I hope I would be available in August and continue to make the pages.
Once again, sorry for keeping you disappointed.
Last update: 7 July 2001
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 15 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
updated their Profile Page "Down-to-earth Lifestyle in Modernized Cities"
- created a Toronto Travel Page "Toronto Harbourfront"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Toronto Harbourfront"
- Wrote a Review Biking in Hong Kong Suburbs in Tai Po Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of keeweechic's Lucerne travel pages
- Tai Po Intro, 6 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Toronto Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos