"Down-to-earth Lifestyle in Modernized Cities" cherrykirsch's Profile

Simple Life Kept even if Location Changed

Away from Virtualtourist.com for ages. Look back. Suddenly realized it has been almost 10 years from the first time I lived alone in a western city!

Started my new life in Toronto from October 2006. First three months quite leisure by being taken good care. Then suddenly being dumped and had to be independent and coped with all changes in new environment. Days were like in hurricane...

Lonely days give me a great opportunity to understand and feel my new settlement town. Like 10 years ago, I choose to have a simple life (imagine the life of backpacker or overseas student). But this time is a little bit different from the experience in Switzerland, as Toronto is almost the 2nd Hong Kong that Chinese language and restaurants are popular here.

Summer is coming. Hope I can make use of this lovely season and take more pictures and write some tips for backpackers in VT.

Last update: 18 March 2008

A Greenman Exposed to the World!

Before 1999, I hadn't been to any places outdide China. I was shy and coward. Luckily, I was chosen to be an exchange student to Switzerland for 11 weeks in summer 1999. Switzerland is the most wonderful country in the world, I should say. I was so excited about it...

I've grown up a lot after the trip. I met a lot of friends there. The most important is that, I become to love travelling!!! So I went Switzerland again in Apr 2001.

It's amazing that the members of virtualtourist.com can travel to so many places. It's almost impossible for Hong Kong people, because we don't have so many holidays :(

My next station will be England, or China, I haven't decide yet. The western part of China will be under great development. I recommend you, and me, to go there to have a look before it has changed a lot. One day I read a magazine talking about Auschwitz Museum (concentration camp), Poland. It's very impressing. I think it can give me some insights about life.

Hope the information in my home page helps you. And I'll add as much information & pics as possible.

Enjoy!

Sorry for Long Time No Updates!

I'm extremely sorry for idling the pages so long. I'm too busy at work in June and July, as well as at preparing Oracle8i DBA exams. I have all the materials at hand, but I simply don't have time to organize them and publish them to the web. I hope I would be available in August and continue to make the pages.

Once again, sorry for keeping you disappointed.

Last update: 7 July 2001

• Intro Updated Mar 17, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!