"Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall" Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing by filipdebont
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,452 reviews and 16,176 photos
Our China - Tibet roundtrip started in Beijing.
We had 3,5 days to see Beijing. But there is so much to see and to do in Beijing, that you really need to select, and that is not as easy as there are so many highlights.
But anyway that is already one reason to come back to Beijing for a next visit.
The first day we started at the big Tiananmen Square and of course tourist attraction number One: the Forbidden City. When we left the Forbidden City at the rear side, it started to rain, in no time the streets were flooded, so we had to wait for a few hours before we could return to our hotel.
The second day I visited the beautiful Lama temple at the other side of the city, and also the Confucius temple which was nearby. That morning the weather was not so good: rain, rain, rain . . . .
After lunch I took a taxi towards the Drum and Bell tower. From the Drum tower you had a splendid view over the Huttongs. We ended our day with a visit at a Chinese Acrobatic Show.
The third day we wanted to start with a visit at the Tiantan Park, but the taxi driver had not really understood where we wanted to go, so he did drive to the other side of the city, soon we noticed the mistake and then we changed our plans and went for a visit of the Summer Palace.
The Summer Palace was very crowded with . . . . Chinese of course. But it was well worth to visit. That evening we did go to a performance of the Beijing Opera. We did not really understand the story but it was great to see and . . . . to hear.
The last morning we did drive to Mutianyu, in order to climb the Great Wall.
It was quite a climb in order to reach the Great Wall. But it was worth the effort, as we were lucky, it was sunny so we had a splendid view over the Great Wall, and we could see the Great Wall as a twisting snake over the green hills.
After the visit of the Great Wall, we returned to Beijing in order to catch a domestic flight that would bring us to Lanzhou.
- Pros:a good place to start a China trip
- Cons:Hot, very Hot
filipdebont's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 73 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
- Posted in Travel Chattanooga Forum "Re: Combining tourist attractions..."
- Commented on one of easyoar's Beijing travel pages
- updated a Beijing Travel Page "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nightlife"
- Wrote a Review Chinese Lions about Acrobats in Beijing Nightlife
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues