"Gateway to Grand Teton N. P." Top 5 Page for this destination Jackson by filipdebont

Jackson Travel Guide: 279 reviews and 570 photos

On day 3 of my USA 2007 trip I did ride from Rock Springs to Jackson, in order to visit Grand Teton the next day and then to continue my journey to Yellowstone.

I stayed at the Jackson KOA campground (located 12 miles from Jackson).

In the afternoon I visited the Jackson Hole & Greater Yellowstone Visitors centre and I also made a short walk in the very touristy centre of Jackson.

Then I decided to continue my journey and to visit a part of the Grand Teton National Park (about 4 miles from Jackson).

• Pros:entrance to Grand Teton N.P.
  • Cons:Very touristy - very expensive
  • Last visit to Jackson: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2007

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM

We enjoyed our stay in Jackson Hole, but thought the museum was weak. We did enjoy the street theater. See my page for more...

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2008 at 3:11 AM

great page and tips - we were there some years ago and enjoyed our few days visit. Grand Teton is wonderful

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Rijden de cowboys nu op een bike ? of hebben ze nog een echt paard ?

• PhillyJohn's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Filip, so glad you enjoyed your western USA trip. Hope to see you on the East coast some day.

• micrologus's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2007 at 1:26 AM

Prachtige foto's. Ik was daar 4 jaar geleden, maar had niet de kans om Jackson grondig uit te kammen. Ik was te gast bij een familie en wij hebben Jackson aangedaan op weg naar het Yellowstone Park.

• glo39's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 8:38 AM

I love your wise cracks. They are so funny.

• Oct 2, 2007 at 3:30 AM

Schuune fotos, menneken, tut zaterdag in Lovendegem

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2007 at 5:51 AM

The entrance into the town square is still there ! Great stuffed buffalo ! You page reminds me of sweet memories !

filipdebont

“Preparing my next trip : South-East of the States”

Badges & Stats in Jackson

Have you been to Jackson?