Australia Transportation Tips by filipdebont
Australia Transportation: 238 reviews and 205 photos
Most of the transfers during our roundtrip we did by bus.
This service was organised by the Australian travel agency: Wayward bus.
Their motto was : Let others Rush . . . .
It was a small bus with a trailer for our luggage and the camping gear.
Our group (20 men) just fitted in the bus. There was not much room left, so with our day backpacks (with our photo equipment), sometimes it was a bit of a search how and where to put your feet in order to survive the long journeys.
But the advantage of this small bus was that it was suited to drive along the long dirt roads towards the red centre.
During our trip we had to change 3 times :
- The first bus brought us from Sydney towards Alice Springs.
- The second brought us from Katherine to Darwin
- The third bus picked us up at Cairns Airport and brought us to the city centre (and at the end back to the airport
From Alice Springs towards Katherine we travelled with the famous Australian train : The Gan
From Darwin to Cairns we had an internal flight with Qantas.
Cathay Pacific Airplane
The Australia roundtrip was organised by a Dutch travel agency (Djoser), so our trip started at Schiphol, Amsterdam airport.
We did fly with Cathay Pacific Airlines via Hong Kong towards Sydney Australia.
12/07 : Amsterdam - Hong Kong : departure : 13.15 - arrival : 7.50 (flight time 11.20 hours)
13/07 : Hong Kong - Sydney : departure : 09:00 - arrival : 21:10 (flight time 9 hours)
08/08 : Sydney - Hong Kong : departure : 16:15 - arrival : 22:25 (flight time 9 hours)
13/08 : Hong Kong - Amsterdam : departure : 00:15 - arrival : 06:30 (flight time 12 hours)
I changed my flight on the way back to a stop-over flight as I wanted to visit Hong Kong.
The flights by Cathay Pacific were very punctual, and the service was very good, a friendly staff, plenty of drinks and food.
More Reviews (72)
filipdebont's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Can Tho Hotels
- Boulder City
- Anabu Primero Hotels
- Bakersfield Hotels
- Jelgavas Rajons Hotels
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 78 Reviews
- 268 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 138 reviews, 487 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 199 reviews, 220 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 74 reviews, 254 photos
- Singapore Intro, 72 reviews, 186 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 106 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 47 reviews, 146 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 86 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa Intro, 76 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 147 photos, 16 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (63)
Top Australia hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 836 Reviews - 1796 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5764 Reviews - 13433 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3371 Reviews - 7591 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2288 Reviews - 4816 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 979 Reviews - 2129 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2193 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1645 Reviews - 3655 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 886 Reviews - 2275 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 667 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 113 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 417 Photos
- Coffs Harbour Hotels
- 250 Reviews - 567 Photos
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- 186 Reviews - 727 Photos